Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cilantro Shrimp

So the other night I found myself home alone in need of a quick meal. So I threw together this quick meal that I found in Cooking Light. Pretty tasty...unfortunately for Jon I hadn't eaten much that day so I ate his portion as well....oops!

1 tbsp dark sesame oil
3 c. 1-inch slices green onions
2 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger (which I left out)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
3 1/2 tbsp lower sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground fresh chile paste or hot sauce
2 c chopped fresh cilantro
3 c hot cooked brown rice

Heat wok or large stir fry pan over high heat; add oil to pan. Add onions, ginger, & garlic, stir fry 1 minute.
Add shrimp; stir fry 2 minutes
Stir in soy sauce & chile paste; stir fry 1 minute or until shrimp are done.
Remove pan from heat; add cilantro, stirring constantly until it wilts.
Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment