Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lexington-style Grilled Chicken

This recipe calls for a whole chicken but I had chicken drumsticks which I used and turned out great. The red pepper gives it a serious kick which I liked but I warn if serving kids! oh, and I obviously divided this for just us two. recipe makes 8-10 servings. 2 c. Cider vinegar 1/4 c. Firmly packed dark brown sugar 1/4 c. Vegetable oil 3 Tbsp dried crushed red pepper 4 tsp salt 2 tsp pepper 2 (2 1/2 - 3 lb) cut-up whole chickens Stir together first 6 ingredients until blended. Place half each of vinegar mixture and chicken in a large ziplock, seal. Repeat in separate bag. Chill 2-8 hrs, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade discarding marinade. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 35-40 minutes or until done, turning occasionally

No comments:

Post a Comment