Monday, November 7, 2011

Look at me, I'm a blogger!

So I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for awhile now, but have had nothing to talk about. I still really don't have much to contribute, but I'm no longer going to let that stop me!

Having long work days/tough hours can be stressful and one of my favorite things to do to unwind is to cook. I like listening to music, having some wine and putting a meal together. It's funny because I used to find cooking itself to be stressful and now it's just what I need to take my mind off my day. It helps me forget about every annoyance that occurred throughout my day and at the end, I get to feel I did at least something right that day when my husband smiles and tells me how great everything is. During every meal, I just wait to hear it...no pressure Jon!

In my never-ending quest for affirmations I'm always on the lookout for new recipes. When I find the good ones that become staples for my little family, I want to share with others but always seem to forget. So, this seems like the perfect outlet to do so. Share the success, find the humor in the failed attempts, and maybe have another outlet for stress relief!

1 comment:

  1. Since you asked fo it, good job Al! I also wanted you to know that I have been waiting for that shrimp recipe you promised me ages ago. Perfect place to post it, right?!

    ReplyDelete