Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We are curry people...

So I was thinking about the last post/meal I cooked and realized how strange people may find it that I will constantly be posting curry recipes.  We love curry.  And I've found, there are alot of curry recipes out there.  So realizing this, I've decided I've got to get my best curry recipe out of the way.  I just can't keep it quiet, I know that all others won't compare.  This is probably our favorite recipe, I ALWAYS keep all incredients on hand so that we can have some CHICKEN CURRY(compliments of my fav...Cooking Light of course)...enjoy

1 T. canola oil
3 (6 oz) chicken breast ( I use 2 chicken breast for Jon & I)
1/2 t. salt
2 C. green bell pepper strips
2 T. fresh lime juice (do not feel you can cut the acid....it is a must!!!  Really makes the dish)
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. red curry paste
1 t. sugar
1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk 
3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice  (Basmati...I'm a believer)
Lime Wedge (optional, aka only when entertaining)

1.  Heat large skillet over med-high heat.  Add oil to pan;  Sprinkle chicken evenly w/salt.  Add chicken to pan; cook 6 min or until browned, turning once.
2.  Add bell pepper; saute 4 min, stirring occasionally.
3.  Remove chicken mixture from pan. 
4.  Combine juice, soy sauce, curry paste, & sugar in a small bowl, stirring w/whisk.  Add juice mixture & coconut milk to pan; bring to a boil.  Cook 12 minutes or until slightly thick.
5.  Return chicken mixture to pan; cook 2 min or until thoroughly heated.  Serve over rice.  Garnish w/lime wedge, if desired. 

Yields 4 servings, but like I said...2 chicken breast for Jon & I.  Trust, this is fabulous.

PS...shopping tip, always shake the can when buying coconut milk.  I've gotten one too many cans that were solid when I opened it.  Listen for the liquid!

No comments:

Post a Comment