Saturday, December 3, 2011

Can't say I didn't warn you...

Before winter sets in I was determined to prepare Fall Vegetable Curry. I wasn't lying, we eat a lot of curry. I like this recipe because it's got a little bit of a kick to it and it fascinates me that I've managed to prepare a vegetarian dish that Jon will actually eat! Pat myself on the back! Although to be honest, he was craving a protein this time, so I threw some shrimp in there to make him happy, spoiled much?

Fall Vegetable Curry

1 1/2 tsp olive oil
1 c. Diced, peeled sweet potato
1 c. Small cauliflower florets
1/4 c. Thinly sliced yellow onion
2 tsp Madras curry powder (no Madras, use 1 1/2 tsp curry & 1/2 tsp red pepper)
1/2 c. Vegetable broth (I use chicken)
1/4 tsp salt
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 14.5 ox can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and sauté 3 minutes. Decrease heat to medium and add cauliflower, onion, and curry powder. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve over basmati rice with some cashews mixed in. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment