Saturday, December 31, 2011

Rave Reviews

Choosing a menu can be difficult.  You want to please everyone, impress everyone.  In day to day life I strive to be the perfect wife and just make my husband happy.  Despite the short lifespan of my blog thus far you've probably figured that out....clearly, the guy likes curry. 

Another favorite is Mexican food.  Whether I'm cooking or we are headed out, Mexican is a favorite.  I would say we eat out a good amount and when looking for Mexican we generally end up at Arriba Tortilla in East Aurora.  We are what you would call regulars.  It's almost embarrassing, we always have the same waitress and we both order the exact same dishes each time.  I guess if it ain't broke......

So the other night I tried a new recipe for Chicken and Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos from Cooking Light.  It was fast, easy, and quite tasty!  So imagine my surprise when I got the best compliment I could ever get from Jon....."this is the best burrito I've ever eaten."  Now, I'm not foolish enough to actually believe that statement, I mean really, I can't compete with Chipotle.  But still, message received....this is a good dish.  So the recipe has been starred as a favorite and noted that it's great for freezing!

Chicken and Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos

1/4 c. water
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
2 c. shredded cooked chicken breast
1/4 c. thinly slived green onions (which I actually left out)
3/4 c. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 c. refrigerated fresh salsa
Flour Tortillas (4)
1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.  Stir in shredded chicken and green onions.

Combine beans and salsa.  Spoon 1/4 c. bean mixture and 1/2 c. chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cheese.  Roll up.



Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add 2 burritos.  Cook for 3 minutes on each side.  Remove and repeat with remaining burritos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment