Monday, December 19, 2011

Move Over Martha

So just over a week ago I had a hell of a productive Sunday: that is if you judge productivity through culinary masterpieces, which I obviously do. 

It was a nonstop, kind of day.  I managed to make it to shop, clean, visit with family, and wrap gifts all before I hit the kitchen for my marathon afternoon/evening.  For the first year ever, I made cut-out cookies.  True, not a huge accomplishment....I get it, but I had never done it before.  The most exciting part was of course using my standing Kitchen Aid mixer!!!!  It only took 2 years, but yes, I loved it!

So I set out baking and decorating, baking, decorating....blah blah blah blah blah.  Gosh, baking cookies sure does get exhausting.  I tried really hard to make them pretty, but can't say I was too successful.  All I do know, is a lot of love went into all of them (well maybe not the last 15 or so). 

As soon as I finished baking the cookies (meaning I finished decorating about 50% of them), I had to get started on dinner.....Roasted Chicken, dun, dun dun.  This would be my 4th or 5th attempt at Roasted Chicken.  There is just something about chicken, I never time it right.  Every attempt has pretty much ended up with Jon and I eating all the sides first as I had to put my raw chicken back in the oven.  But as today I was a culinary genius, not only did I make the perfect roast chicken, I made amazing sides (specifically my garlic mashed potatoes),  all while I continued to frost my not so gorgeous but tasty cookies, and my chicken and sides were all ready at the same time!!!! That's right, Martha Stewart ain't got sh#t on me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment